Katiemagic

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I had a foreign object in my vagina today, did you?

This morning was our 3rd Dr. visit. Although he told us at our last appointment we could hear the heartbeat, he told us today that it was still too early. Whatever Doc, you said it not me. But who cares about hearing the heartbeat, when you can see the heartbeat? That's right, we had another vaginal sonogram, weeeeee. This is not the most comfortable experience in the world. But as soon as the baby shows up on the screen I don't even notice my privates are hanging out.

The baby actually looks like a baby now! Arms legs, fingers, toes, chin, and nose. And she was moving all around waving her arms and kicking her legs. She's the size of a shrimp, which will now be her nickname on this blog. The doc says that the shrimp is looking great, perfect, right on and a few other positive statements. Also, MY WEIGHT LOOKS GOOD! That might be the first time in my life that someone has told me that. Even when I was super thin my weight actually fell in the overweight category (and trust me I didn't look that way). I blame it on the boobs. Those are an extra 10 pounds at least.

I don't think I've ever felt the intensity of joy that these little peeks inside my uterus have brought me. It actually manifests itself physically in me. It's sort of like a warm rush that overtakes my whole body. I can't imagine the intensity when I see the shrimp face to face. 6 months and 1 ½ weeks to go!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    actually, I did have a foreign object in my vag today. I'm not gonna tell you what.

    so excellent - seeing lil shrimpy! I can't wait to hear all about it as the months go on.

     
  • At 3:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I don't think I've ever felt the intensity of joy that these little peeks inside my uterus have brought me. It actually manifests itself physically in me. It's sort of like a warm rush that overtakes my whole body."

    I so know....it IS hard to imagine being any more a part of a miracle. You will soon (6 months +) know an even greater miracle-joy....and now you know why the joy YOU bring is so unbelievable...why people run face first into glass doors to "protect" the ones they love .... :)

    "I can't imagine the intensity when I see the shrimp face to face. 6 months and 1 ½ weeks to go!"

    I can feel right now what I felt the first time I kissed each of my children....a feeling of connectedness that is unsurpassed.

    Ever.

    1771
    CanaMa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love