Katiemagic

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Weeeeeee!


Car Fun for Chloe.jpg
Originally uploaded by KATIEmagic.
So last weekend Husband and I went around to a bunch of garage sales with the dauggers. We had the top down on the jeep and Chloe stuck her head out so far she nearly ate shit. No more car rides without the harnesses!

The mere fact that I'm admiting to these garage sale trips is a pretty big step. We are the kind of couple who while living in our loft in dowtown dallas said things like. "Why would anyone get up before 11 am to go buy other peoples trash? I will NEVER DO THAT. If I suggest that, honey, will you just shoot me and put me out of my misery?" Seriously. Those words were uttered. And yet we made the move to the suburbs. Not without trepidation mind you. The building we lived in downtown had an art gallery on the first floor. The architecture itself was art. We knew there would not such things in the burbs. We were within walking distance of three streets lined with bars, tattoo parlours and a restaurant owned by a transgenered person (oh, the migas, I miss those migas). None of those things can be found here in the burbs. I loved it there. But crime was in issue and getting worse by the month. When we first moved there in 2001 I felt safe walking to get migas by myself. By the time we left I was looking over my should just walking to the car. We wanted to start a family in a house but property in the city of dallas is ridiculously out of our price range. So we made the move, we took the plunge, we bought a house with a pool and a yard in a neighborhood where the middle school is within walking distance and bars are nowhere to be found. It's still taking some adjusting. But it's the best decision we've made yet. Now if I could just get pregnant...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey that trangendered person is running for office. Go Monica!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love