Katiemagic

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Everything in it's right place

I got my first sonogram today yay! Did you know that there's such a thing as a vaginal sonogram? Yeah, it's exactly what you think it is. It even wears a condom. I also had to give 6 vial's of blood for prenatal work-up stuff. That's right 6.

The sonogram didn't tell us much except that I'm not as far along as a person with a 28 day cycle should be. This is either because the last cycle length wasn't 28 days (mine varies between 27 and 34) or because the baby isn't developing like it should. If the baby isn't developing like it should, I'll probably miscarry. But since the majority of my cycles are of the 34 day kind I'm not worried. Although I have to say it was a bit disconcerting to hear that word come out of the doctors mouth. I got the feeling that he seemed pretty confidant that I was probably just a 34 day cycle girl.

He also said that for 5 weeks along everything looks great and he doesn't see any problems. Yay! Also we saw a little flashing on the screen that he said was the heart beat. Our baby has a heart beat!! Anyway just to be sure everything is indeed going like gangbusters I go back next Wednesday for another vaginal sonogram. We should be able to see a lot more by then.

I feel like I'm forever going to be stuck in week 5. I can't wait for the first trimester to be over already. I'll feel a million times better that's for sure. 7 weeks to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love