Katiemagic

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I Heart Halloween Candy

I thought I'd be proactive and buy some candy early since I was at the store and it was on sale. I bought one bag of Milky Way minis, one bag of 3 Musketeers minis, and one mixed bag of all kinds of crap. It took Kent and me exactly 4 days to go through the chocolate and we're currently halfway through the bag 'o crap. Which is why I was shocked, shocked I tell you when I was weighed at the doctor today. I've only gained 1/2 a pound in three weeks. It was the second time in a week I've wanted to kiss a nurse on the lips. The shrimp is doing great too. But come on a 1/2 pound! It's like puberty except then everything I ate went to my boobs. It's going to really suck going back to not being able to eat anything. Until then, bring on the Milky Ways.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger lonna said…

    I actually found little vegan chocolate bars by Endangered Species made especially for Halloween. I had also bought some sour patch kids, but when I saw the chocolate I had to buy it. I always hated it when people had the nerve to give me anything but chocolate when I was a kid. So even though this may not be a chocolate that they are used to, it's still chocolate. Also, I can eat the leftovers. Yum.

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger amandak said…

    I literally have to hide the candy from my husband, or there won't be any left by halloween. It's sneaking up on me right now, I really need to figure out costumes. Now. Somehow I get the feeling Madeline won't go for the princess/fairy princess thing for the 3rd year in a row.

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    we buy halloween candy full well knowing that we'll have to make at least 3 more runs by the time the actual night comes around. and since we're never home for halloween to give out candy in the first place, the whole thing is a farce that is just there to allow us to eat our faces off.

    I remember those days of eating 2 lunches and 3 dinners, all of which consisted of potatoes au gratin, only to find that I had only gained a pound. I love that. enjoy!!!

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Kodi said…

    I love halloween! Kiri used to go trick or treating then separate out the candy she didn't like and give it to me. We would pig out on candy until late in the night, not eating any dinner. Good ole days.

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger NME said…

    I ate nine million caramel kisses when I was pregnant with Noah - and I haven't had one since. Eat it guiltfree while you can.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love