Katiemagic

Thursday, June 30, 2005

I've Decided, So There

I decided this week that when someone does something I don't like I'm gonna call 'em on it. This is completely unlike me. Usually I just let things go when they rub me the wrong way. I'm normally a pretty laid back person that way. Some might even say I've let people walk all over me. Sometimes something would really get to me, and I'd just let it sit there and fester and I probably have a lot of stuff like that cooped up in my stomach churning away in the acid. But no more!

And you know, it's probably the hormones, something rubbed me the wrong way and I spoke my mind. I credit my best friend as the inspiration for this breakthrough. She has never held back in her life and it's part of what I love about her. Which is ironic because she's now not speaking to me because I said what I thought. Sometimes it has outcomes you would never expect, and that's the chance you take.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger hazel said…

    good for you! I hope it works way more times than it doesn't.

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Just for the record, I hold back every single day of my life. I just walked in the door from working all day and getting ready for my husbands bday to find a very loaded email and to be publicly called out on this blog. Sorry that I didnt respond to you as soon as you wanted. And for the record, I never said I wasnt talking to Kat or wanted to end our friendship.

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger Kathryn said…

    I have been completely stressed out about this whole situation for a week now, and it felt like lying to not post anything about it on my journal. I never said your name so you weren't actually called out at all. My journal entry was totally complamentary, and sincere.

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Blogger NME said…

    I hope you guys make up. Every relationship has tough times - but if the relationship is for the most part a good one, then they are worth working through.

    I don't think either ALWAYS speaking your mind or ALWAYS holding your tongue are healthy. When the criticism you want to express holds no purpose, will get no result but to stir up emotions and upset people then it's best to not express it. But don't hold on to it either. It's important to be able to let things go without having to spill them. Sort of like "Well that sort of pissed me off... but it's not really a big deal and I'll get over it... Forgotten already."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love