Katiemagic

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Texas cottonmouth



Since I can't get the real pics uploaded until Monday, here is a picture of what the snake looked like. According to my online research it was most likely this POISONOUS Texas cottonmouth. The pics I'm looking at in my camera leave little doubt. There is a non-poisonous snake that is supposed to look a lot like the cottonmouth. But nothing I read about that one mentioned the "defensive spray" that we smelled. Like CanaMa said, we are very, very protected.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Wayne World said…

    Katiemagic, I am thankful that you , your hubby ,or pets weren't bitten!!!

    That is one scary scenario!!!I hate snakes!!!

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger Me said…

    Yikes! My wife gets freaked out when she runs across a spider, I cannot imagine what we would have done finding a cottonmouth in our home. Kudos to your hubby for catching it!

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    OH MY GOD. seriously? I'd have to move.

    didn't the snake bite your dog? is your dog okay?

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Kathryn said…

    It looked like it struck at my dogs nose, but I don't think it made contact. Because Chloe smelled like skunk, and from what I've read that's what the spray instead of striking. Kind of like a pre-strike thingy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love