Katiemagic

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I'm sick

This happens every time there's a week or longer combo of stress and lack of sleep. While I guess I'm glad I've still got my tonsils, I'm not glad that that's where infection lives every time I get sick. The damn things are scarred and pock marked from so many bouts with strep. Luckily (fingers crossed) since I don't yet have fever and I'm staying my ass in bed until I feel well again, I won't have to take any antibiotics. I'm not even sure that I can take them in my "condition" anyway. Hope everyone had a fabulous fourth! I'm going back to bed.

Ew, look what comes up when I google tonsils.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    ew!

    I had my tonsils out about 3 years ago. seriously, I thought I was dying. dying! I realized why they take them out at a young age, before you can really fathom the thought that you are dying. seriously, I am more afraid of that than ever giving birth again. (mostly it has to do with adverse affects of anesthesia, but still.)

    I think they do allow you to have antibiotics if it is really a bad infection, as the infection is worse for your "condition" than the antibiotics. but as far as being sick when pregnant, well, you begin to find interesting ways to treat pain and illness. like drinking water to alleviate headaches or using oatmeal baths for rashes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love