Katiemagic

Monday, July 25, 2005

Weekend Update

There are some days when I feel like I am not made to be around other people. When everything I do even if I'm trying hard to be positive, just ends up falling to pieces and pissing everyone off. Sunday morning and early afternoon was one of those days. On top of that I have the emotional control of a 13 year old right now and you can imagine how much fun it was at my house. Part of the problem was that Husbands friend who is staying with us had is fiancé up to visit this weekend. She is very, very sweet and once before we were dating Husband told me that she had the best body he had ever seen in person. It is perfect and naturally so. And she was in her bikini in our pool. There was a time when I would not have felt intimidated by this. But yesterday was not one of those days. My ass is getting bigger every day and I can't do anything about it. In the past I would have done a crash diet the minute I found out she was coming so I would feel better about myself. The thought of being in a bathing suit next to her and being compared to her perfectness (because that's what men do) was too much. Husband says "honey, your pregnant" like that gives me a free pass for being fat. Which is very nice, but we both know I wasn't thin to start with. It is not easy feeling inadequate. People say to me "oh you're just being silly you have nothing to worry about". I don't know why I don't feel thin/pretty/outgoing/ambitious/insert insecurity here/ enough, but I can tell you that it doesn't invalidate my feelings just because other people think it's silly for me to feel that way.

Sunday evening was better. We made our first big baby purchase, a crib. It's really cute and old fashioned looking. We got it from a second hand store around the corner who specializes in baby stuff. Our town is baby central so it's all still really new and great. I was just looking for a changing table but we walked out with the perfect crib. It's starting to feel more and more real.

Then we went to see Wedding Crashers (said fiancé’s birthday choice). I kept thinking, why? Why did they feel the need to remake every stupid wedding/redemption move ever and roll it into one big shit bomb? This is an actual line from the movie "Most of the people are just here to suckle from the power teet." This is not a punch line, it is delivered in all seriousness by Rachel McAdams who is this movies one freakin saving grace. She's really interesting to watch even in a movie like this where her part was one note all the way through. (my theatre arts minor is rearing its ugly head again).

p.s. After halving our pay, in the weekly meeting this morning the owner has just told us all that we are to support the hated sales guy. When I mentioned that it was a two way street, he said no, it's not, you're expected to support him no matter how he treats you. Unfuckingbelievable.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    I don't think it's silly at all to feel the way you did with Ms. Perfect Body. I would have felt exactly the same way, but with more crying and tantrumming. and yes, you're pregnant, but that doesn't stop the world from having an ideal body style and expecting everyone to have it or be striving toward it.

    men would do themselves well if they never, ever uttered anything about women to other women. even if you're not dating. because one day you could be dating. you could maybe even be married. and it'll haunt both of you. I remember my husband telling me that some girl we worked with was really cute. it's been like 5 years and I still bring it up.

    congrats on the cute crib. I suggest showing it off to fiance while making disparaging comments about the fact that Ms. Perfect Body isn't married yet and doesn't have the joy of a life inside her, just so you feel better. (note, I don't really condone this, but it would be great, wouldn't it?)

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Missuz J said…

    I don't even know and haven't seen ms. perfect body, but she is making me feel insecure and i'm not even pregnant.

    I love vince vaugn, and knew in my heart that wedding crashers would be sucky, but hoped otherwise. I may go see it anyway, because I really think he should be my boyfriend.

    Also, I don't know about everyone else, but we didn't use our changing table all that much. We usually ended up changing Sophie on our bed or on the floor.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    we made sure to get one of those changing table/dressers. so that it can just be a dresser later on. we do use it but not as much as we use the changing table top thingie on our pack n play, which is in our living room. that thing gets alot of action.

    missuz j - I don't think you know this, but vince vaughn is our friend tracey's (trikc) boyfriend. we hear about him at least 6 times a day. we know what car he drives, who he's with, what he's saying, where he's partying...anything you want to know, tell me - I will pass it along.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love