Katiemagic

Thursday, July 21, 2005

London Calling


CanaMa
Originally uploaded by KATIEmagic.

CanaMa leaves for London today. The trip has been scheduled for a while and when the first attack happened a couple of weeks ago I thanked my lucky stars that she hadn't left yet. I thought, well she'll be a lot safer now with all the security. Then today happened. She'll be taking taxis exclusively, but what if that's the next target? She's there until August 2nd and I don't think I'll feel completely calm until she's home safe. Our child better have one of their grandmothers by God.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My mom is over there right now on vacation. She left 5 days after the first attack. The funny thing is, if I had a trip planned there she would have done everything in her power to make me not go. Mother's worry like that, but what she didn't realize was - I am worrying like that too. I want her home...

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    it must be extremely worrying to have a loved one in london right now. I hope she has a great trip that sees absolutely no incidents whatsoever.

    in these times, it's exceedingly easy, and understandable, to be a slave to worry.

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your mom is an adventurous soul and to stop that would be not the exciting life she chooses to lead. Spend the worry energy into the visual energy of her having a wonderful safe fun filled journey. I am sure she does not worry she lives her life to the hilt.visualize her in the little protective bubble..kinda like what Glenda rode in on in the Wizard of Oz.

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Kathryn said…

    That's great advice, whoever you are you must know my moms. I'll have to remember what you said and pass it on to her next time she starts worrying about Brother in the customs line in Canada ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love