Katiemagic

Monday, July 18, 2005

Odds and Ends


Bella the Bulldog
Originally uploaded by KATIEmagic.

Holy shit are there really less than 180 days until this baby comes? We'd better start shopping! This weekend I felt what I think might have been the baby moving. It was just like everyone described, a short fluttering in intervals. I suppose it's still a bit early but since the baby is 15 weeks in size I'm not ruling it out. I'm very glad CanaMa and brother were in town to experience it with me! All I've been craving lately is candy. Not chocolate mind you, but the terrible for you empty calorie kind like twizzlers. And today I discovered Mike and Ike Berry Blast which just might be the only food I eat for 179 days.

Poor Bella is sick. She woke us up at 3:30 this morning throwing up. Poor thing carried on for an hour. It really took me back to last summer when she had a reaction to some antibiotics the vet gave her and threw up almost every single night for weeks before we figured out what was causing it. But she drank some water this morning and was able to keep it down so hopefully I won't be coming home to a house full of puke.

I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory over the weekend with CanaMa and brother and LOVED it! As interesting as Johnny Depp's take on Wanka was, for me Willy will always be embodied by Gene Wilder. Still, it's a fun movie to watch and as all Tim Burton movies are, visually stunning. I really missed the old Oompa Loompa songs, but I'm sure they would be completely quaint and boring to the kids today so it's probably better that they were replaced.

OMG, my new obsession is Footballers Wives on BBC America. Because I am a total Britphile, and love gossip, I've been reading about this series in the rags for quite a while now. And it's finally jumped the pond! 10 times better than Desperate Housewives, I highly recommend everyone check it out. BTW does anyone know why the UK already has Desperate Housewives and we have to wait 2 years for their series? It drives me crazy!

I have no good way to end this totally pointless post. The End.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Kate Borrell said…

    I totally agree! After months of hype the first episode of Desperate Housewives appeared on tv in NZ last night. Footballers Wives is far juicier. We're on the third season of that I think.

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger NME said…

    We had the exact same reaction to Chocolate Factory. And I too love Britcoms. I will have to check out Footballers Wives. When is it on?

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    poor bella-dog! our cat has been puking up a storm lately too, due to her eating a plastic bag and a good amount of ribbon from bella-baby's balloon. poor pets.

    feeling the baby move is so exciting! it'll get stronger and you won't have any doubt about what it is. you know, my mom told me she never felt any of us (my sister, my brother, and me) move when she was pregnant with us. I think she's insane.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love