Katiemagic

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Tuesday Morning Elixir

The genetics Doc called this morning with great news. Our baby is perfectly healthy in every chromosomal way. Or at least the two that they tested for. I hadn't even realized how worried I really was until she told me, after which I cried with relief and happiness. AND, as I was sitting in traffic this morning for an hour and a half I realized that one more benefit of the new work situation is that I have those 2 to 3 hours a day of my life that I have spent in gridlock back. Yay!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger NME said…

    It's a big relief being told your baby looks healthy. We had a scare with Noah. You can see the details on my March 9th post.

    IT's amazing how much time driving takes away from us. Hooray for not having to drive to work!

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Missuz J said…

    How great for you to have that information and be able to relax. When I was pregnant with Sophie, it seemed like every tv show or short story was about some freakish genetic disorder or baby swallowing birth mark. Until I actually held her, I was sure she'd be a Wookie or something equally bizzar. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog today.

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    I think I had written extensively about my fears of a pointy headed baby covered in fur. we all go through that. first you want to hear the heart beat, then you want to get the tests back, then you want to see the ultrasound, then you want to just have the baby out. and then you freak that she's going to find something to choke on or whatever. it never stops.

    but...um...congrats! sorry to be a downer.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Kathryn said…

    That's not a downer! Husband keeps telling me to stop worrying and I keep telling him I'm a mother now, I'll always be worried one way or another.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love