Katiemagic

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Methinks This Is A Pregnancy Milestone

I had my first dream about our baby last night. I've had dreams in the past about a potential future child that we might have. But this one was absolutely connected to the baby in my body. In the dream I went into labor at work and had our baby girl in the bathroom by myself with no problems and very little pain. I was worried because she was early but she was as big as a full term baby and all pink and perfect. For some reason I went back to work right then with her all swaddled and cozy. And I kept thinking about how I really needed to call Husband and tell him that I'd had our baby and she was perfect but I had so much work to do I'd just call him an a few minutes after I got one more thing done. Then it hit me that we had a baby, and she was early so I took her to the baby doc and had her checked out. They confirmed she was perfect in every way and again I thought, I should really call Husband and tell him what's going on. At the docs office was telling everyone I saw that I was totally unprepared for this baby because she had come so early, and we didn't even have a crib yet and what were we gonna do? Then the scene changed to my childhood house where Husband and I apparently live in dreamland. We were in the TV room playing with our baby and I got my first really good dream look at her. She had a full head of hair the same color as mine and big beautiful green eyes like her dad. She was gorgeous and when she smiled at us we saw the dimple in her left cheek. At that moment I fell completely in love with her. And at that moment I thought, this is our little Ellis. Ellis Geneva Tschoepe.* There has never been a name better suited to anyone ever before.





*Ellis is my mom's maiden name, we'll use it as the first name for our girl or boy. Geneva was my mother in laws name. If it's a boy his middle name will be Glenn after my dad.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger NME said…

    What a great dream! All my dreams were negative. Mostly about being out with friends and doing stuff and then realizing I had a baby and not sure where I put it. Tons of lost baby dreams. Of course I am a freaky worrier.

    I really love the name! And the history. And it is so great to use it for a boy or girl. And Geneva and Glenn are also beautiful and relevant.

    I had Glenn picked out in my top five for awhile until my mom said she didn't like it because it reminded her of Glenn Campbell. Which was just wierd.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    I love the name ellis. very pretty.

    I remember nicole's dreams of losing the baby. like literally not remembering where she put it. mark told me that she'd be asleep but rooting around in the covers looking for the as-yet-not-arrived noah.

    I had freaky dreams, not vivid and reassuring like yours. one dream involved me taking the baby out to look at it and then putting it back in. another involved me breast feeding our dog to get ready for the baby. I think I blogged about most of them - they are in the early archives.

    seeing the baby as clearly as you did - that's amazing. I'm sure you're so excited!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love