Katiemagic

Friday, July 15, 2005

Thinking About My Job

I've seen the possibility of much less income coming for a long time now. I've looked for other jobs online and even went on a couple of interviews but nothing panned out. I've always had great luck with employment agencies but I could never bring myself to take that step. Why I didn't, I think, is that the people in my office have truly become my extended family. And they have all supported me through a lot of big life changes. In the 4 years I've worked there I:

1. Moved in with Husband Then Boyfriend (actually occurred shortly before I landed the job, but the adjustment stage was in full effect)
2. Graduated college
3. Bought my first car
4. Buried Husband The Boyfriends wonderful grandmother
5. Learned Husband Then Boyfriends mom had lung cancer (never smoked in her life)
6. Got engaged
7. Buried Husband Then Fiances mom who was too amazing to even begin to describe here
8. Got married (3 weeks later)
9. Bought a house
10. Shipped my Mom off to Canada (I had never lived more than 30 minutes away from her and saw her at least every couple of weeks)
11. Got pregnant

Through it all they have always been supportive and concerned and have cared much more about me as a person than the work that I did. Especially my boss and his wife. They're the sweet aunt and uncle I never had. (I have lots of wonderful aunts and uncles, Hi Aunt Catherine and Uncle Ron, Uncle Mike and Aunt Jodie And all the rest! But I've never lived close enough to them to sustain a really deep relationship) I'll always be thankful for my time there.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    it's nice that you feel that way about your job. not many people find a job like that. good for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love