Katiemagic

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

25 Things I Felt Like Sharing Today

1. When I eat multicolored candy like M&M's or Skittles I pour the entire bag out and sort them into color coded piles so I can choose which colors to eat next. This is the most anal thing I do.

2. One summer in college I taught "A Sense Of Humor Defensive Driving" there was nothing funny about it.

3. I am unnaturally attached to my pets and always have been. I still have a drawing of my childhood pet up in our house even though he died 5 years ago. I still cry when I drive by the house where he's buried in the back yard.

4. When I was a kid I wanted to grow up to be Snow White (or is it Sleeping Beauty?) so that I could call all the animals in the forest to me and they would be my friends.

5. My brother had a 90 mile an hour fast pitch when he was 12 but he gave up baseball for skateboarding.

6. He once got so mad at me he threw an apple at my face and gave me a black eye. He is one of my most favorite people on the planet.

7. I majored in French because I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life and French was fun.

8. I spent a summer semester in Paris that changed my life.

9. I was a model from 6 months until 12 years old. I quit because they wanted me to model a training bra.

10. I think this is where most of my body issues came from.

11. I lost my virginity very young and don't regret it in the least bit. I was ready.

12. I know it won't be OK with me if my daughter/son does the same thing.

13. I heart Joey McIntyre. Still.

14. I am HIGHLY introverted, and have been told numerous times that people thought I was a bitch when they first met me when in fact I'm almost physically unable to talk freely with people I don't know. (unless I've had a few drinks)

15. My husband has pulled me out of my shell farther than I ever thought I would go.

16. Once I'm comfortable around someone I tend to be a complete and total dork.

17. I knew I wanted to marry my husband when I discovered he has the same trait. It was about 2 months into dating him and I didn't keep it a secret, which probably scared the shit out of the poor guy.

18. I hardly ever have a lot of friends at one time. I'm much more comfortable with 2 or 3 very close friends.

19. I distrust organized religion.

20. I have tried to be anorexic but didn't have the willpower. I took diet pills instead.

21. My mom and dad were married for 24 years.

22. My step mother was and still is my dad's paralegal.

23. She is only 5 years older than my husband. My husband is 8 years older than me. I am 28 years younger than my dad. They have been married for 13 years.

24. I catch myself being afraid that what happened with my parents will happen with Husband and me.

25. Then I look at my husband and my fears disappear.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    very interesting. french, huh? it's sweet to hear you talk about your husband. my husband was a child model, too. how weird is that?

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are such a cute quirky girl. I miss you and can't wait to see you in 15 days.

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger NME said…

    A few non sequitur comments. WOW! I too sort my multicolored candies. But then I eat them in rainbows. One red, then one orange, then one yellow - you get the picture. Mark and I went to Paris two summers ago. It was lovely. A child model! You sure must have been cute. IMO a distrust of organized religion is healthy. Thank the gods for the social lubricant that is alcohol. And especially for wonderful husbands.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love