Katiemagic

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Dove's Real Women

I found this article today about the controversy surrounding Dove's newest campaign. To be honest, I didn't know that there was a controversy. But some of the quotes from some of the men in this piece are just fucking unbelievable. I am so sick of feeling like I am un-fucking worthy of a second glance much less a conversation if I'm overweight while the fattest, baldest, nerdiest, grossest men are the ones applying the pressure. When will this stop? When will we stop beating each other (and ourselves) over the heads with one, repeat one, acceptable beauty standard? When will the expectations actually be equal? For the record, the first time I saw the Dove ads I didn't even get that these were supposed to be "real" body types because none of them are any where near large.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    I know! when I saw that these women were "repulsing" some men, I was like - holy shit, because they all look pretty fine to me. where's the rolls? where's the mom-butt? where's the chins??

    assholes like those men can literally go fuck themselves. you'd think they'd embrace more realistic body types because skinny beautiful bitches sure aren't going to be blowing these guys anytime soon.

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    oh, and you might be interested in the ad report card about this on slate.

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Missuz J said…

    I just buzzed through that article, but may all of those guys get gangrene of the weener, and may they also never ever ever get fucked again.

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger Missuz J said…

    Oh. And the chicks in that add are HOT. With my husband's permission, I would take any of them on any day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love