Katiemagic

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

SAHM

Husband and I are trying like hell to figure out a way to financial swing me staying home when the baby comes. (That still sounds so foreign and great, when the baby comes) I know myself well enough to know that it will seriously fuck with my head to go back to work and put our baby in day care after only 6 weeks. I don't know what to do about it. When we first decided to start trying I really thought that if I had to I would simply go back to work. Millions of people do it every day and enjoy it and it works well for them, why not us too? But I've already bonded with this baby so much, and just the thought of leaving her/him makes me cry. We're thinking of turning in my car so we only have one payment. But I think if we do that I'll have to pay off the balance which we definitely can't swing. Anyone have any creative ideas?

I bought my first maternity clothes yesterday. I'm definitely not showing yet, but my jeans were just uncomfortable enough for me to justify the purchase. Why try to stuff my pregnant ass into non stretchy jeans when I can wear maternity jeans now without anyone noticing and won't have to buy more later. The best thing I found was a bathing suit tank-ini thing. It's the best fitting suit I've had in years. It doesn't bind in all the wrong places, and there's room to grow in the tummy area. Why aren't all clothes made out of the super stretchy maternity material? I am SO comfortable right now.

Bella had a black plastic salsa bowl in her mouth for literally 5 hours yesterday. She was SO tired that she kept falling asleep standing up. Her big heavy head would drop slowly down until the bowl hit the floor and she was up again and pissed off because she thought someone was trying to take it from her. Very bull headed that bull dog! Maybe she was dreaming about her boyfriend......

4 Comments:

  • At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There is a company that takes over your car payments and then rents your car to other people for a slightly higher price (so they make a profit too.) Try looking into this. sorry, don't know the name of the company.

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger NME said…

    I totally know what you are going through because my husband and I had the same talks before we had our son.
    You will be amazed at what you save on entertainment expenses. We used to go out all the time - and now Noah keeps us in which saves us cash. Plus by not going back to work you save money on clothes, meals out of the house, and transportation.
    Staying at home is making alot of sacrifices - but I can say that in my experience it is totally worth it. There is nowhere I would rather be than home with Noah.
    Good Luck!

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Kathryn said…

    Thank you SO MUCH for your words of encouragement! I needed to hear that!

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger NME said…

    My pleasure!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love