Katiemagic

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

What To Expect When You're An Idiot

Week 24: Makeup 101
Keep it simple is the golden rule for any pregnancy makeup routine. (This is not the time to channel your inner Cher.) Right now, your new best friends are a good concealer to camouflage blotchy skin and dark circles, and a natural bronzer or pinkish blush to give you a bit of a glow (no need to tell anyone that your glow is coming from cosmetics and not from within). Besides, it's the best time to get used to a more natural look — since your makeup application time will be seriously compromised once your baby begins his or her more demanding life on the outside. One more beauty boost: Switch to a light, fresh scent, such as citrus, since you may be extra-sensitive to fragrance right now.

------------------------------
Now I know why I signed up for your weekly (ha! daily) newsletter! That is so helpful. I feel so much more prepared to care for a tiny helpless human being now. Maybe when he cries I'll just spray him with all that left over citrus perfume.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger lonna said…

    Oh boy. I quit wearing make up and perfume when Dermot was born. I was miserable with c-section complications for 7 weeks, and I wasn't up for anything. Hell I couldn't wear shoes for 3 weeks. I know that smell is important to babies when they are nursing and when their vision is poor. Then my mom came to visit at about 4 weeks. My mom completely douses herself in perfume. She probably goes through a bottle every couple of weeks. Anyway, Dermot made the funniest face when she first held him. So then I there I decided that he already knew and liked what I smelled like so that was good enough for me.

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger hazel said…

    I'm sure that you're reeling from this revelation that you're going to have less time to apply makeup after the baby comes. I hope this isn't too much for you, but there's a chance that you may not fit into your old clothes right away, either. also? you could be tired after you come home from the hospital. and the sky is blue.

    I try my hardest to be helpful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love