Katiemagic

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I'm It

Can I just say, I love being tagged? Thanks MissuzJ!

10 years ago: I was a senior in high school, listening to Alanis and Bush as loud as possible in my '88 Mazda 323. I went to school half days and worked half days at a huge telecommunications company. It was fun. I was in year number 3 with the 'why did I waste so much time on him whiny loser idiot'. I think that was the year he broke his toe when he kicked a chair because he was so mad at me for not looking at him the right way. Good times.

5 years ago: Kent and I were looking around for our first place together, we'd been together for almost a year. We moved into the lofts in January right after our 1 year dating anniversary. I was working for the Nazi's, I mean, Texas Instruments who fired me shortly thereafter for refusing to remove my nose ring that they hadn't even noticed for the first few months I had it.

1 year ago: One year ago I had been married for one year! Kent was camping in Moab after moving his trip so that we could both participate in our friends' wedding. Half of the couple (hi Larry!) was living at our house in the guest room with his lovely bride soon to follow. We were having a difficult time adjusting to the costs of homeownership while also shelling out for exta stuff, but we got through it. I was busy, busy, busy, helping to tie up all the wedding loose ends. Their anniversary is October 30th. Happy almost anniversary guys!

5 snacks: Jello pudding, popcorn, Klondike Reeces, string cheese, french fries

5 songs I know all the words to: Glycerine (Bush), American Pie (Don McLean), Baby Beluga (Raffi), Firecracker (Lisa Loeb), Born on the Bayou (CCR)

5 things with 100 mil: Move to Vancouver, pay for my brother's school, open a bike shop for Kent, sock half away for the shrimp and his future sibling(s), buy my dream car a Volvo station wagon (yes that's my dream car bitches)

5 things I'd never wear: a side ponytail, high wasted tapered jeans, a muumuu, a mullet, theme sweaters especially those with little animals sewn on.

5 favorite tv shows: The X-Files, Lost, Footballers Wives, The Office (original AND the US version), Buffy

5 (and 1/2) biggest joys: This is going to be boring but true; Kent, Chloe, Bella, Tucker, Ross, and the Shrimp

5 favorite toys: my camera, the internet, the daugger's tennis ball, Super Mario Brothers 3, new make up

If you haven't done this yet and you have a blog, consider yourself tagged.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger dasereht said…

    A Volvo station wagon (the old, boxy kind) is my dream car, too!

    After I was laid off from CDNOW and started going to interviews for jobs with less "quirky" employers, I went through the process of removing all of my piercings (the ones you could see, anyway) exactly three times. After spending hours trying to get the damn ball back into my tragus ring the third time, I finally gave up. Good for you for not giving in to the evil corporate suits.

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Missuz J said…

    Oh. How I wish side pony tails would come back in. I remember the middle school ensamble with the tapered jeans, 2 pairs of slouch socks, keds without laces, and the side pony--complete with puffy bangs. GT.

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    good call on the sweaters with things sewn on.

    I had to take out my nose ring when bella was born because she kept ripping it out. I could probably still get it back in but I lost it and am too lazy to get another one.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger NME said…

    I've still got my nose piercing. I would have been LIVID had I been told to take it out. The funniest thing that happened with it was when Mark's 90+ yo grandmother was talking about how silly she thought piercings were - and I had to tell her I had one. She couldn't see it because her eyesight isn't great.

    I know all the words to Glycerine too. Loved that album.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love