Katiemagic

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Passing the Time Until D(ue)-day

This morning after our Doc appointment (gained two pounds, the shrimp sounds great), Kent and I went up to the third floor to labor and delivery. I wanted to ask about taking a tour and pre-registering for delivery. The benefit of going up there is, of course, that you get to see the newborns in the nursery. It was a totally different feeling than I had a few weeks ago when I was there. At that time all I could think about was how big they looked and how the hell I was supposed to push one of those out. Today I wanted to weep from the beauty of those little creatures. We walked out of there with big goofy smiles on our faces.

My days are starting to feel completely irrelevant except for the fact that they get us closer to Ellis's arrival. I'm sleepwalking through work, dinner, life, just daydreaming about meeting him for the first time. There is a constant nagging feeling of anticipation. I wish I could shake it because I want to treasure each moment of being pregnant too. Even the whiplash inducing mood swings I've started having this week will be a lovely memory soon.

It's hard to think about anything but seeing his face. I'm convinced he's going to arrive early even though I have no reason to think so. My brother and I were both late, and the due date means a whole lot of nothing. I know that. I just can't stand the thought of having to wait any longer than is absolutely necessary.

Do you hear that Ellis? You're to be finished cooking by December 30th. I'm sure you're willing to oblige your poor mother, right?

6 Comments:

  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Katy said…

    December 30th??? That is SO close! I can't wait to see Ellis's face either, though I'm sure my anticipation is totally different than your anticipation.

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger amandak said…

    Aaah, the last trimester. It's crazy. The final countdown, the surreal state your body gets into, it's good times for sure.

    I was right on my guess and the docs were wrong as far as due dates go. Mine were both late, but I knew they both would be so it didn't stress me out.

    I remembering it being so awesome to be so much in the middle of the flow of life, to let yourself be caught up in it. Enjoy it.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger hazel said…

    aww, that's so sweet! looking at the little babies.

    I know you're not asking for advice, and I think I've already said this before, but the depression I was in before bella was born because I was overdue was really hard on me, so I just want to say that even if you think he may be early, try not to really convince yourself of that if possible. you seem like you're enjoying your pregnancy so maybe it wouldn't be so bad for you if he came later, though. I just wouldn't want to see you go through what I went through relative to timing.

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger NME said…

    I remember being so excited to see Noah. Being SO sick of just waiting and planning for something that I couldn't even fathom. It all felt so surreal.

    He'll be here in a blink. And in another he'll be one.

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger lonna said…

    I remember all of the intensity of the last 6 weeks of being pregnant. I kept thinking that if he came now it would probably okay for him. I also was dying to see what he looked like. Did he look like Ethan? Did he look like me? It's all part of the experience. Enjoy sleeping while you can and when you are not in the bathroom:)

     
  • At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I sure hope he doesn't show his precious self before GP gets there to welcome his first breath!!! I am sure your labor will be less than the flight time from Vancouver....so hold up : ).

    This entry is so very sweet. I could hardly read through the leaky eyes. I am so happy you 3 are having such an anticipatory love fest. That is the way it should always be.

    They are seriously tiny little miracles. The odd thing is that incredible depth of the feelings only reveals itself when you are in the midst of it...never before the experience of nurturing the miracle. It's hard to believe the intensity...but just wait. It gets even better once he's here : ).

    To steal a line...GP says it's a good thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love