Katiemagic

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Random Much?

I've been kind of a comment slacker lately. I've actually been working full time the past couple of weeks so there's less time to think of stuff to say in comments. But I've been reading you all and I promise to be better about comments next week.

Today I hit the wall. I've turned into one big sniveling ball of missing my husband, and boy do I feel pathetic. I've talked to him every day but man I miss his face. I think I can attribute this wall hittage to having to go to my ob appointment today alone. It was pretty uneventful. The shrimp's heart sounds good, my blood pressure is excellent and I've lost a few pounds since my last visit (which I've been assured is nothing to worry about since the shrimp is still dancing in my belly like a disco prince). The stupid nurse fucked up and said my weight out loud even though I've told her I don't want to know. I know it's just a number but sweet lord that's a high number. From that number I have about 60 pounds to lose AFTER the baby weight to get down to where I want to be. I don't know exactly how many I've put on since I got pregnant, but I really don't want to know because then I'll have to face the number I started with. Fuck. Weight sucks my ass. The good news is that I don't have to worry about it for another two months or so. My next appointment is in two weeks. We're in the bi-monthly appointment phase people, that's close.

My dad still has not apologized about last weekend, or even mentioned it. However he's insisting on coming by to help me paint the kitchen this week. I guess it's his way of making it up to me. Which it totally doesn't, but at least he's trying and I'll get a painted kitchen out of it.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Missuz J said…

    Don't sweat the comments. You have plenty on your hands (and sitting on your bladder). The weight thing is a complete fucking sucky-ass monstrosity. But--somehow it comes off. Mine is up and down all the time. Right now its about as up as it's been--but I try to tell myself that I'm still one hot bitch.

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger NME said…

    No problem on the comments. Just glad you are blogging.

    I understand you miss your husband. I think I'd miss mine after one night. And when pregant - probably two hours.

    Ugh. Don't get me started on the weight thing. I'm happy to say that in the year since Noah was born that I have gradually lost 60 pounds without severe dieting or an exercise regime. It's just sort of watching what I eat, lifting and chasing Noah and nursing. But I've come to the realization that I will never again be the weight I was on my wedding day - unless of course I get ill.

    Glad your Dad is offering to help out. He needs to do that and much more.

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    tell your dad to paint the kitchen AND the living room AND the walls of your broken heart.

    oh, the weight. I ate whatever the hell I wanted while I was pregnant and was 70 lbs heavier than I was at my skinniest on nicole's wedding day. not that I think I could or should get back there.

    I had a ton of water weight, which all came out in the form of pee after bella was born. I was a salty snack/food eater. is it possible you're retaining water? not that it matters. it'll come off. no worries!

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger amandak said…

    I am so feeling you about missing your husband. Mine has been on the road so much lately it feels like a long distance relationship. I've decided the one good thing about it is how much it reminds me to be grateful for him and how much I love him. I mean, it wouldn't suck this bad if I didn't love him so much. Just think about how great it's going to be when he gets back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love