Katiemagic

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Shrimp Week #30


Week 30
Originally uploaded by KATIEmagic.

By this week, your baby's senses are developed to the point where he can taste, touch, see, and hear what's going on around him. He'll also react to stimuli--for instance, if you poke your belly, he may kick or hit back at the spot you've touched. It's exciting to interact with your baby even before he's born. Try rubbing your belly and talking gently to him when he kicks--you may find that you're already able to calm him down.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger dermot said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger lonna said…

    I don't know if it's too early or not, but I read that you can put a flashlight on your belly and Ellis will move away from it. We did it with Dermot and it worked, but I don't know if it was around 30 weeks or later.

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    has he gotten the hiccups yet?

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Kathryn said…

    Nope, no hiccups yet. He kicks the light when I shine it on him. And whenever I put headphones on my belly he gets really still like he's paying close attention. As soon as I take them off he kicks me.

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger amandak said…

    I remember at about that time, sitting in the tub one day watching Zach do flip flops back and forth across my belly. It was such an exciting time, and at the same time a little weird to start to feel like there's a personality in there who reacts to stimulus from the outside world. Then, pretty soon he'll really be out here interacting with the world. Cool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love