Katiemagic

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sue B. Forrester


Sue
Originally uploaded by KATIEmagic.

Yes, I am one of those people who name their cars. I blame it on CanaMa.

No longer do I have to lay (lie?) awake at night crunching numbers in my head. No longer do I have to weigh the pros and cons of this or that car. No longer do I have to sweat what the dealer will give me for my trade in with one window.

Since we started looking for a new car we've both really wanted a Forrester. But we didn't think we could afford one. Luckily we were able to find a used one in our price range. I didn't even change the oil or clean my Jeep before we took it in and they paid it off people. They paid it off!

The whole process was relatively painless and has me wondering why we waited so long to do this. The only crap part was seeing my credit score which is abysmal thanks to the student loan fiasco (and a couple of blemishes which are totally my fault).

Still it's a small price to pay for the weight that has been lifted off of my shoulders.

We got exactly what we wanted.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger amandak said…

    Yay for Subaru! We for one just like that but silver right after we had Madeline. I was going to suggest a Subaru when you first mentioned you were looking, but didn't, for whatever reason. I LOVED that car. Enough headroom to not be too bad for hauling carseats in and out, and I really liked the handling, especially in the Utah mountians. That, and it's very safe, which is important, to me at least, when hauling little peeps around. Happy new car!!

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger amandak said…

    I mean, 'we got one', not 'we for one'. Where in hell did that come from. sorry

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger lonna said…

    That's great. It can be such a hassle to play the "buying a car" game. I'm glad that you guys got something that you are both happy with.

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger NME said…

    CONGRATS! Love that you got exactly what you want and that you bought used too. I think buying a NEW car can be a fools game. Goodonya.

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    I love new cars. (new to you, not new in general.)

    we totally name our cars too. for the amount of money you pay and the care you have to give it and all the repairs and shit, you ought to. (we own pete and del.)

    excellent that this is taken care of - what a load off your mind.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so happy for you. As you know I just love my Subabu. Thats my name for the new one because I haven't come up with a good one. My last forester was Trinity. we haven't named kevin's new Mazda3 yet either. Congrats I can't wait to see it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love