Katiemagic

Monday, August 22, 2005

Shrimp Week #19



How your baby's growing: Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces, and he measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the length of a small zucchini. His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of his body now. His kidneys continue to make urine, and the hair on his scalp is sprouting. This is a crucial time for sensory development: Your baby's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.

I'm feeling really tired and headachey today so I'm taking it easy. I think I overdid it last week and especially yesterday. The heat index was 105 or something like that and when it's that hot I sweat through my clothes just walking into the garage. But the errands were worth it because we did some decorating to the shrimpy's room. We left the blue from the previous owners just in case we had a boy. It took me about 2 hours to cover the wall with the silver words. In person it's really cool because they're very subtle and even disapear in the right light.
It says Dream, Wish, Hope, Imagine, and Believe. All things we wish for our little boy.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Katy said…

    aaw, I LOVE that!! I look forward to your weekly pictures and updates! Can't wait to meet the shrimp!

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Missuz J said…

    So clever. I'm totally going to do that in Sophie's room.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger lonna said…

    That's wonderful. We are so lazy and uncreative that all we did was leave the walls white and buy removable stickers of stars, moons, and planets.

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger NME said…

    I really like the blue and silver together. And the words are a clever idea.

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    that's very sweet. I wonder which will be his first word?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love