Katiemagic

Friday, August 19, 2005

When You Wish Upon A Star

For the last 4.75 months I have been so happy about being pregnant, and having a child that nothing could dampen it. But if I was honest I would have said that the one thing I would change would be to have a good friend going through it with me. For the last 4.75 months I've been talking to my very good friend (and soul sister) Drew about all of my ups and downs, and doubts and happy moments just about every day. She's been so great, thanks Drew! And yesterday I found out that HOLY FUKCING SHIT BALLS, she's been holding out on me for 3 whole months. That's right internet, I have a pregnancy buddy and I didn't even know it!!!!! I'm so excited I'm not even going to yell at her anymore for not telling me until now. Our kiddos are only going to be a month and a half or so apart, yay!!! It's only fitting really, our lives have been intertwined in strange and not so strange ways since our mom's became friends way back when we were in high school. We've shared a lot of laughs as single girls, and some tears as each of us got married (OK, I blubbured like a baby during her ceremony, but we don't have to talk about that do we?)and now we get to share this once in a lifetime first kid thing too. I can't think of anyone who I would rather share this with.

8 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger amandak said…

    That's AWESOME! It's so much fun to go through it with someone you care about. When I was about 4 months in with Zach, my sis (Missuz J) found out she was (in her own words) knocked up too. It just made the whole thing that much more special.

    That is a serious holdout though. 3 months? Missuz J only lasted about 3 minutes before she told me.

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger lonna said…

    That's great. Most of my friends got pregnant right after Dermot was born. I did have one friend who has a daughter 6 months older, but 1.5 months is great.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger NME said…

    Congrats! Going through it with a friend is PRICELESS! I don't know how I would manage without Patrice. And Noah and Bella were expected four weeks apart - Bella was late and Noah was early so they were born within four days of each other.

    Now you have to get Drew to blog!

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Katy said…

    Aw, the mommy circle widens. Yay that you have a preggers friend, and yay for Drew.

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Kodi said…

    That is so perfect. Being pregnant is such an emotional rollercoaster. You can ride it together.

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    I wanted nothing more than for nicole to get pregnant at the same time as I did - and she had been trying for some time when I found out I was expecting. when she said she was pregnant, it was like there weren't enough tissues on earth to sop up my tears.

    I am so excited for you and drew. it's so great having a pregnancy buddy. but holy hell, 3 months????? I'd have killed her.

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Missuz J said…

    Well, now you'll have to convince your pal to start a blog so we can get to know her too. :)

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And in my defense I must say I could not have held out if I didn't have such a great blog to read and get me through the first tri. Just think my Mom hit the roof. But she deserved it for always saying she'd just "know".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love