Katiemagic

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Relief, Reticence And Hopefully Reward

I did it. Yesterday afternoon I gave my notice and December will by my last month to draw an income. I am at once terrified and exhilarated; excited and reticent. The moment I hit send on that email (yes I broke up with work via email) I felt the universe open up a million possibilities for me. I know how new agey that sounds but it's honestly how I felt.

I learned so much from my boss there over the last few years. He and his wife really took me under their wings. I had permission to learn from my mistakes. Lately the lessons have been much more internal. It's been clear for a while that it's time for me to move on. I hadn't done so mostly out of fear of the unknown (which is totally out of character for me by the way).

Right now my job is to prepare for the shrimps arrival. What happens after that is anyone’s guess. I'm excited to move on to the next challenge; the new lessons I'm supposed to learn in this lifetime. Today I'm working on trusting that the universe will provide an enjoyable way for me to make the extra money we'll undoubtedly need. I just need to open my eyes to all of those new possibilities. I can feel it.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger lonna said…

    Congratulations! While the future may be uncertain, it sure seems like it was time for you to move on. Enjoy preparing for Ellis' arrival. That's part of the fun. Let the blogosphere know if you have any questions before Ellis gets here. I didn't have any mom friends around here, in fact I still don't, so web contact was all I had to get through everything. I can't believe that his arrival is getting so close!

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger amandak said…

    Yay for Katie!! And Ellis too. Isn't it great when a decision like that feels so right. I admire the faith you have to take a leap like that. Good on ya!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    holy cow, congratulations!!!!!!

    good for you! things have a way of working out for the best if you leave yourself open to them, as you have.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love