Katiemagic

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Shrimp Week #34


Week 34
Originally uploaded by KATIEmagic.

Your Baby
Exactly how would you like your child to enter the world? An increasing number of parents-to-be are creating birth plans. These documents may include everything from medical preferences to environmental concerns (low lighting, soft music, and so on) during labor, delivery, and postpartum. Try to keep the plan to one page or less--busy caregivers may not have time to read it otherwise--and give copies to your doctor or midwife and to hospital or birthing center staff as well. Keep in mind, however, that medical necessity may derail some of your preferences
------------------
Miracle of miracles, I can BREATH! Of course now I have to pee every five seconds. But what a small price to pay for adequate oxygen. I've also been having some Braxton Hicks contractions here and there. Nothing so painful that I have to stop what I'm doing but pretty uncomfortable though that's for sure. Today in the mall it felt like someone was poking me with a butter knife in my lower abdomen. It made me wonder if the shrimp had snuck one in there and was already punishing me for taking him shopping. We meet with the pediatrician next week. Then the week after that begins my weekly ob/gyn appointment phase. I can't believe it's this freakin close.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't believe you are so close! It's so exciting! I remember when I was this far along and I was so anxious and couldn't wait until THE day. Get as much sleep as you possibly can now!

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger amandak said…

    Ditto on the sleep, for sure. I think it does look like he's dropped a little. Getting down to the Final Countdown (da da daaa da)! So exciting.

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Missuz J said…

    Wow Wow Wow!

    Any day now. We're all holding our breath with you (at least I am.) So excited for you.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    it is SOOO CLOSE!! I can't get over it. when we first "met", you weren't even showing yet.

    oh, and birth plan? I carefully constructed one, making it short and to the point, discussing with sean all of our decisions beforehand. I gave a copy to the nurse when we were admitted.

    she put it on the windowsill, without reading it, where it sat until the after bella was born.

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Kodi said…

    God, no one told me about having a birth plan. I was just a scared 20 year old who was freakin out about being a mother. But when you finally get to hold that baby in your arms, the moment in indescribable. At that moment, I felt like my life was suddenly focused.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger lonna said…

    Yeah, my birth plan went out the window. I don't think that a single thing went the way I had planned. But I do know that it does happen for some people. The most important thing is to have a husband who can be really mean to medical staff if he needs to be. If your mother's going to be there, she can do it too. Someone needs to look out for your interests while you are dealing with the business of giving birth.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love