Katiemagic

Thursday, January 12, 2006

I Love Surprises

There was a lovely one waiting at my doorstep and brought to the hospital by CanaMa. If I could I would open mouth kiss you all for being so thoughtful. Big E Smalls is swaddled in his fleece as I type. Thanks so much Patrice et all!

I've got a few more pics up on Flickr all from yesterday before our camera went dead. Go here for the slideshow. I'll post more as I have the energy. The surgery was cake. I was very, very nervous until they numbed me then I was totally fine. I'm so glad we decided to go with the c-section because the cord was tightly wrapped around his neck and I would have had to have an emergency one anyway. Yesterday after surgery was great too. Today has sucked my ass. I am in so much pain. When they took my wound dressing off today a layer of skin came with it. Why does no one talk about how painful this is? I can barely walk and my husband has to help me use the bathroom. On the bright side I'm now IV free so Big E can eat easier on both sides. He smells so amazing. His breath is so sweet. When he's not in my arms they feel empty. He looks so much like Kent it's crazy. Even their hairlines are the same. Even though I couldn't feed him right away (too big, low blood sugar, bla bla, out of it), we are both learning quickly and he's becoming an old pro. The only issue we're having is that it seems to put him to sleep even if we stimulate him while he's nursing. He has the most beautiful grey eyes I hope they don't change to brown. You can't really tell in the pictures but his hair is red just like his dad.

The boy is sleeping now, we just finished nursing and I am exhausted. So I'm going to try to get some sleep before he wakes up. Thank you all so much for the swaddler. You guys are amazing.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so glad to hear that your c-section was a blessing in disguise and went so smoothly. I didn't have any layers of skin that came off with either of my c-sections...sorry to hear it's so painful. The pain will get better each day, don't worry! That's great that you are having success breasfeeding. The pictures are great and he's adorable! Keep us posted!

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger hazel said…

    there's some stuff that you just don't want to tell people because a) you don't want to freak them out and b) you've blocked it out and don't remember until someone reminds you.

    you're so welcome for the swaddler, so glad it's coming in handy. I love the pictures. congratulations!!

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger NME said…

    Love pictures. Ellis absolutely looks like his Dad.

    Yes - some things suck. But they are such a small percentage of the overall experience that it isn't worth sharing them.

    Awwww. I know exactly what you mean by your arms feeling empty without him.

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger lonna said…

    I was in pain right after the surgery, but it went away fairly quickly. I stayed on the drugs pretty religiously though. I didn't wait until I was in pain to ask for the next dose. I wrote on my dry erase board when I took a pill and when I could take the next pill. Then I dinged the nurse about 20 minutes before that so that she had time to get my meds ready. The important thing is that you have to walk a lot even though it hurts. We did a lot of walking with Dermot in his lucite box. We walked all around the maternity floor.

    Baby Ellis does look a lot like Kent. That's funny about the hair. Dermot is the same way with Ethan's hairline.

    How scary about the umbilical cord. I'm so glad that you had a scheduled surgery instead of an emergency one. With an emergency one you're so tired from labor on top of everything else.

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Missuz J said…

    Ohhh. I remember that empty arms feeling. Kind of miss it too. Going right now to check out the pics on flicker.

     
  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger Kodi said…

    Holy crap, that is one cute baby! I love the pictures. I can't believe it has happened, and you are a mother. Congragulations!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love