Katiemagic

Thursday, January 05, 2006

6

I've always pictured my last few days gestation as being very low key, peaceful, quiet days of doing nothing for the last time in the foreseeable future. I suppose I should have known better. It's not that my days are action packed necessarily. It's just that even walking to the bathroom (something that happens 4,568 times a day) takes so much effort that the though of actually doing anything productive just makes me feel like I need a nap. It seems like there is a lot going on in the Tschoepe household. Bella dog is in heat which makes her grumpy and makes her 10 times more high maintenance and she's still got one week to go. Tucker cat had his annual teeth pulling appointment and had 6 teeth extracted so he's hurting and needy and requires meds for a week. (He has a rare cat condition in which tarter build up on his teeth causes severe reactions in his gums and really eats away at his tooth enamel. It's very painful, and he can not go without a cleaning or he starves himself.) I was going to do something for myself this week and have my hair died back to boring brown until I got the bill from said teeth cleaning and extraction. The $411 dollars first made me cry and then made me look forward to the day when our cat is completely toothless and no longer requires a cleaning. I know, I'm evil. But we're a one income family now how the hell are we supposed to afford that? My friend Drew and I are being showered together on Saturday. I'm very much looking forward to it. However my mom, my fav cousin and her daughter and mother will all be staying with us for the weekend which means I have to get the house clean enough to be presentable. I also have to go get groceries which feels like a Herculean task in itself. I keep debating whether I should put a dent in our pocketbook by going to the regular grocery store thereby saving my body and sanity; or put a dent in my body and sanity by going to Super Wal Mart from hell and saving a couple of bucks. It's quite a toss up. My mom is actually staying for a month or so to help us with the not-so-little one. We are so lucky to have her help while we get the hang of things. We're both really looking forward to having her here. Maybe I could get her to help me clean.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger lonna said…

    I'm so sorry that the pets are so needy at such a bad time. That's rough.

    I'm glad that your mother will be around to help out. We did it all ourselves because I didn't want either set of parents around, but in some ways they would have been really useful. The hardest thing with a new baby is finding time to cook. Cleaning just disappears and you don't really care so much, but showering and cooking are damn hard.

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger hazel said…

    you're expected to CLEAN and SHOP?? with 6 days to go??? oh no. no no no no no. kent, god bless you, you are a good man - but GET CLEANING. and shopping.

    short of that - do not clean. send your mother for groceries when she gets there. seriously. you have 6 days until someone is going to need you to do stuff every single second of their lives, for 18 years. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS TIME NOW.

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Kathryn said…

    I should clarify that Kent is helping with the cleaning and shopping.

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger NME said…

    You need to start letting go of all those chores and happily get ready to hand them over or let them go. For the first three months you will all be lucky to eat and bathe occasionally - forget the cleaning all together. And make a grocery list for your mom - and include paper plates. No need for the dishes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love