Katiemagic

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Who Needs A Title

It was a lovely Christmas in our house. Kent went overboard as usual and I got many lovely things including the most awesome present ever invented, an apple corer/peeler/slicer. I think I've eaten a barell of apples since I opened it just so I can use it it's so much fun.

We spent Christmas morning with my step-mothers family as usual. It's always very uncomfortable and I get the feeling that no one really knows what to say to the step kids (me and my brother). Luckily her sisters have started having kids of their own so we can all just watch them play. Then we went to I-HOP and home to listen to music in the Buda lounge. It was bliss.

Kent had Friday and Monday off. Usually when he has days off he uses the time to go mountain biking. He always tries to make time for me as well, don't get me wrong. It just feels different when we know he's got to be somewhere in a few hours. I think half of his brain is already on the trail or re-living the ride. But this time it was all for us. I think that was the best present.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    yay, good christmas! step whatevers are always difficult. (not as difficult as in laws, but...hell yeah I'm bitter.)

    it's good to balance things. sean had to adjust some of his show going once we became a family, and certainly since the baby came, but I think it's worked out well, since now he goes to shows that really matter instead of whatever happens to be playing. now it's quality and not quantity. and we trade off - he goes to a weekend metal festival, I go wherever I need to for a weekend. it's worked out well.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger NME said…

    I LOVE practical presents that are just right. But glad that the best gift was togetherness. Enjoy your alone time - it's about to come to an end.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love