Katiemagic

Monday, January 09, 2006

2 - Updated With Pictures

Phew! What a lovely weekend. Kent ended up doing all the grocery shopping for me and we just left some of the cleaning undone. Of course it was fine. My cousin's 7 year old daughter is so much fun to be around I can't even describe how delightful she is. This visit she was especially excited to hang out with "Uncle" Kent. They had a blast together. They conspired to get his gift to the shower without me knowing. She did a great job, and said exactly what she was supposed to when it was put in front of me.

The shower was just perfect. Drew and I didn't get to spend a lot of one on one time together but it was still great to see her and everyone else for that matter. I'll post pictures as soon as I weed out all the ones where my double chin is bigger than the rest of my head.

Yesterday CanaMa, Kent and I made a day of rounding up any stuff we still needed and assembling it. It took all day and night but I'm feeling very prepared now. CanaMa has been here only a couple of days and already my house is beyond organized.

The c-section is scheduled for 7:30 Wed morning. The three of us (CanaMa, Kent and I) all met with the doctor this morning to get all of my questions answered. Apparently I have a rather narrow pelvis and a large headed child. I'd always assumed that I had a wide pelvis because that's a wide area on my body. It's interesting to know that's not the case (a.k.a. I have no excuse for that wideness). I'm more excited than scared now. I'll be in the hospital for 4 days so I'm training CanaMa to post for me during that time. Hopefully she'll have it down and there will be lots of pictures.

I can't believe it's almost here.


The Partay
The Partay

My step sister and step motherIMGP2210

Annie (Dee Dee's Daughter), Dee Dee (my cousin), Sally (my aunt), CanaMa and Me
Family

My Girls
IMGP2207

Annie and Me
IMGP2206

CanaMa, Me, Drew, Pam (Drews mom in case it wasn't obvious)
IMGP2204

CanaMa, Kathryn (CanaMa's BFF), and Me
IMGP2202

Me acting like I know what I'm talking about
Loud Mouth

7 Comments:

  • At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So excited for you! It's almost here!!! Wow, can't believe you will be in the hospital for 4 days for a c-section. Where I am, I was in the hospital for 72 hours from the time of the baby's birth. Sounds like you are mentally prepared now...you will be fine and look forward to pictures and story!

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You look so pretty in the pictures!! Looks like you had a great time. Ive got a whole goody bag worth of stuff to bring you since I couldnt make it. I will be there on Wednesday night for sure!! Cant wait!

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger lonna said…

    How freaking exciting!!! You look beautiful in your pictures. I looked so tired and swollen before I had Dermot. Since Dermot was born at 11 pm, my days started then. so I only got 3 days and a little bit in the hospital. I wish that I had had four days. Good luck with everything.

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You look stunning and ripe and ready and I am so very happy that your mom is there...and Ellis, I know you are viewing from a magical place..so, welcome to the world..may blessings be..and don't forget to tell your mom and dad you need to learn to sled and ski and snowboard, and build snow-women ,men and kids and you have to go see Auntie C*atherine and Unlcle Ron in the Rockies.love abounds. C*

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger amandak said…

    I had Madeline at 7:47 pm, and was out of the hospital by noon the next day. WAY too short a stay. Four days would have been heavenly. That's one perk to the C-section I guess. You do look absolutely lovely in those pictures. I think the word would be 'glowing'. ONE MORE DAY. Wow. SO exciting.

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger NME said…

    I am unbelieveably excited for you. It's great that you get so much time in the hospital. I had Noah on Thursday night and we left the hospital Saturday morning - after I had a full on nervous breakdown because I wasn't ready to leave the hospital yet. Make sure you take advantage of everything the hospital has to offer. Including the opportunity to get some rest before you, Kent and Ellis are on your own. And don't be afraid to ask a million questions.

    You really do look stunning in your pictures. So pretty and happy. And your resemblance to your mother is striking.

    Can't wait to see those pictures of Ellis. Maybe you can dictate some notes to CanaMa too!

    Best wishes for a safe Csection.

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Missuz J said…

    Damn you're beautiful!!!!

    Great pictures, good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love