Katiemagic

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

That of Which We Do Not Speak

Last night was a rough one. Ellis was whiny from his 3am feeding until we finally figured out what was wrong and gave him gas drops at 6:30. I kept wracking my brain trying to figure out what I had eaten that was different, and then it hit me.

I haven't mentioned it here because if I say it that makes it real. But internet, my child does not like chocolate.

It was the two bites of chocolate cake Kent bought just to torture me that made my little guy so miserable. I don't know how our genes could have morphed and turned against us like that. He'll be hearing about this until he's 30 I swear.


At least he's talented.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger lonna said…

    Nothing I ever ate except for some really spicy Thai Tom Yum soup ever affected Dermot. From what I hear a lot of babies who are affected by what their moms eat get over it around 4 months. I hope that's true for you.

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger hazel said…

    I had a REALLY hard time with foods and nursing bella. we lived on those gas drops and I learned to resist all the things that triggered it - fast food, spicy stuff, broccoli...

    it let up around 9 months.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger hazel said…

    and? so cute!!! plus - a) we have that same blanket gym thingie, and b) dauggers!

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger NME said…

    I hope it's just a passing thang. LOVE the video. Noah and I watched a few of them this morning - Noah just loved it - smiling and pointing at the baby.

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh man, I feel for you.

    Love the video especially hearing his little baby sounds.

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so sorry it had to be chocolate. At least with my babies it was cabbage family veggies....much easier to live without. : (

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love