Katiemagic

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Times They Are A-Changin'

It's been a stressful few weeks at casa Tschoepe. I would get into details but they're boring and frankly if I have to think about it anymore my head is going to explode from the stress. Suffice it to say Kent's work situation is suddenly extremely uncertain. With me not working we really have zero wiggle room and all of our savings just went to homeowners taxes. We're going to try to sell the house and move somewhere much smaller and at a price that's in our new smaller budget. We've only lived here for 2 years and we owe almost what it's worth so we'd have to somehow come up with a lot of cash at closing to be able to sell it. So yeah, stress.

The exciting part is that we are no longer stuck in Texas because Kent is no longer tied to his job. So the plan is for Kent to try to find a job in Washington or Colorado or Utah or somewhere else that has a lot of natural beauty and isn't 500 degrees in the summer. He's even looking in Vancouver Canada which truth be told has managed to trump my 20 year long dream of living in London.

This, however, makes me forget all my troubles.

I got 4 long and blissful hours of straight sleep last night. When E finally woke up to eat around 4am he was so hungry he kept trying to stick both of his fists into his mouth at once. I'm getting more and more used to getting up, and more and more used to going on much less sleep. The best part about late night feedings has got to be the late night TV. Did you know that Kathy Griffin's show Life on the D list is on at 3am? I've also seen Wings re-runs and the X-files is always on although not always on the same channel. Kent says he gets up with us to keep me company, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it's the infomercials.

Eventually we're going to build a site just for E's pictures, but until then you'll have to be subjected to the cuteness on this here site.





8 Comments:

  • At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    NOT trying to tell you what to do here, but just thought I would mention that when my second one was a baby, it made things MUCH easier when I put him in the bed with me and nursed him laying down. Some people have a hard time nursing laying down (I never quite got the hang of it with my first child), but it made things so easy and I didn't really even have to get up, I would nurse him half asleep! Glad you got 4 hours interrupted!!!! :)

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger lonna said…

    Good luck with finding where you want to live. As stressful as this is right now, it may end up being the best thing for all three of you.

    Ellis has changed so much already. Wow. He's so cute. That smiling video really melted my heart. He looks like he's already to roll over.

    The funny thing about the sleep is that you do get used to it. I was never any good at nursing in bed, so I watched a lot of tv. Some women are good enough at it that they can use the computer while nursing. I never tried, and I don't think it would have worked for us. I remember when 4 hours was a blessing too. We're almost back to that state here.

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger amandak said…

    Darnit! I couldn't get the video to work. Those pics are adorable though. In the one with the earphones I think he looks more like you.

    Right after I had Madeline and moved into the house we built while I was pregnant, two things happened, my husband's job became bad enough that he decided to quit, and my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. I seriously thought I was going to lose my mind there for a few months, so I feel your pain. Good news is, my mom ended up being fine, and my husband found a much better job that put him on a career track he loves but would have never probably explored otherwise. It'll work out. Really.

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger OMH said…

    What a darling little guy! Have you thought of Florida? We don't get as cold or as hot as Dallas (I know this because that's where we moved from 8 years ago.

    What field is hubby in?

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger hazel said…

    subjected?? I WANT the cuteness. I NEED the cuteness.

    so totally sucks about ken. but as far as silver linings go, getting to move wherever you want (and closer to canaMa) is excellent. though I would hate the stress of house selling and rebuying and all that - especially with a little baby. I feel for you. I know it'll all work out and then a little while later, you'll look back and be like, how did we do that??

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Missuz J said…

    LOVE that third picture, the expression is priceless.

    I don't know about moving to utah if you're looking to escape the heat, unless you move to the mountains, and then will end up with snow up the yang in the winter.

    Let me know though, and I'll send some resources your way.

    When Soph was tiny, that Gwen Steffani vid for "Underneath it All" was on ALL THE TIME between like 12:00 and 5:00. Also got cought up on my Cheeres reruns.

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Seriously, how did you shrink Kent? Sorry we couldnt hook up last weekend...how is the new table? Maybe we can try again this next weekend?? He is just perfect. :)

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger NME said…

    GOD - that is alot to think about. Especially when you are sleep handicapped. I hope in the end you end up in the perfect place for you, Kent and Ellis and the pondering and packing fade away quickly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love