Katiemagic

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Feeling Lucky Punk

Yesterday was one of the few days a year in Texas when it is beautifully sunny and not too hot to do anything about it. On those days it's hard to feel anything but grateful for life in general. Ellis and I went for a walk around our neighborhood trails system and watched the trees bloom and kids play basketball. I kept thinking about how much it sucks to be in a classroom or an office on days like those and it made me feel incredibly lucky. I have a beautiful, healthy baby boy. I have a husband who supports my staying at home even on days like that while he's stuck in the office. I have a roof over my head, food in my belly, and many years ahead of me. Those are the things that really matter.

Pictures I took on our walk:








5 Comments:

  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger hazel said…

    huh. I always thought that if you took more than 3 pictures in texas that one of them had to have a cactus or cowboy in it.

    pretty. wish we had some weather like that right now. we came close on monday but this morning we had flurries.

    I love how grateful you are. so sweet.

    ps, I want to eat ellis for breakfast tomorrow.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yesterday was a great day! Go Spring Break!!

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger NME said…

    I LOVE when you get a beautifully perfect day and the chance to enjoy it. It is so life affirming. Pretty park. Pretty baby.

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger lonna said…

    I love how satisfied Ellis looks. Like he's already enamored with the world. You two must make him feel safe and secure that he can just enjoy life.

     
  • At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You so nailed it Lonna...it's a lovefest in the best way!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love