Katiemagic

Friday, September 02, 2005

Katrina

I feel like I should say something about this because it has really affected me deeply. However, I don't have any friends or family in that area and I feel like anything I might say is inadequate and redundant. So I'll just say that it's been a long week of crying. Crying for our Cola, crying for the people who are gone, crying for the people who are still waiting for our shit assed president to do enough to help, crying for the people who couldn't leave because they couldn't afford to who are now being arrested for stealing food and clothing, crying for the perception of us around the world that this helps to perpetuate, crying for a magical city that I will never be able to tour like I planned to, crying because I feel useless to help in any way. Life as we know it is so fragile, I think we all need to look around and be so thankful for what we have every single day because it can be obliterated in the blink of an eye.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger amandak said…

    AMEN

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger hazel said…

    very well worded. I haven't said anything on the subject yet except in others' comments, but the whole situation was just so. so. so. fucked. up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love