Katiemagic

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Cola Bear Tschoepe 1988-2005

Last night we took Cola to the vet after a couple of weeks of not eating as much as normal, and a weekend of refusing any food at all. Over the last couple of days he had been having trouble walking and just overall looked like he felt like shit. Although we weren't shocked by any means it was still very very hard to hear that he was in kidney failure and there was really nothing they could do. We made the decision to have him put to sleep, something I never thought I would do. The poor little guy just didn't have any fight left, and he was in a lot of pain. We inherited Cola from Kent's mom when she passed away two years ago next month. I think it's a little harder because he was the last every day physical link we had with her. He was a sweet cat. He always wanted to sleep with his face 1 millimeter from ours right in between us, and always wanted to be in someone's lap. Even with four of our other little "kids" healthy and happy and running around, the house feels emptier. I miss him.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well at least you know Miles will take good care of him.
    I know you guys will miss him.

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger lonna said…

    That's so sad. He was a beautiful cat. That's a great picture of him.

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Katy said…

    oh, I'm so sorry. It's so hard to lose a friend like that. I cry when a fish dies.

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Missuz J said…

    I've been so behind in my blog reading--so this comment is for your last 2 posts.

    1) You're the cutest pregnant lady I ever did see, and your ass is not fat. We had to get a new car with the new baby too, and it was pretty stressful.

    2) So sorry about your kitty. These pets kind of crawl into our hearts--don't they? He sure was a lucky cat to have you to care for him for all those years.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love