Katiemagic

Thursday, September 01, 2005

La Rein Chloe


Three days ago the dauggers were rough housing as usual when one of them must have called the other one a cunt or something because all of the sudden it got serious. This has only happened once before. Chloe loves to play like that and often she will just follow Bella dog around biting at her thigh and tail waiting to get a reaction. It's really pretty funny. But this time, not so much. In the scuffle Bella dogs face got a pretty good scratch and Chloe's lower eye lid was split open a tiny bit. Neither of them acted like they were in any pain whatsoever. The next day I noticed Chloe scratching her eye lid which was tearing it more so I went and got the E-Collar you see her wearing here (it took me about 20 minutes to get her to stand still enough to take a picture which is why we have so fewer pictures of her than Bella dog). It helped all day yesterday and the lid was looking much better and still not hurting her at all. She was really good about the collar too as usual just taking everything in stride. Today the lid was looking so good I thought I'd give her a break from the collar and took it off for about 10 minutes while I watched her closely. I must have looked away for .5 seconds because she messed with it again making it look pretty irritated. Now it seems, she has found a way inside the collar and messes with it every time we look away. Even though she still doesn't seem to be in any pain, it's obviously itching like crazy. I was really trying to avoid another trip to the vet this week but I think we'll have to take her in. Anyone have any other suggestions?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger hazel said…

    awwww, poor doggie! how is she now? we usually call our vet (like we do with our pediatrician or my obgyn) if we're not sure what to do or if it's worth a visit. maybe you can call?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love