Katiemagic

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Operation Nesting In Full Effect


This weekend was all about helping mama quench the urge to nest. Kent and I went to Ikea which has only been open for a month here. A few more fun decorations, a few million people, and a sweaty about to faint pregnant woman later we put this up. I like it so much I want one in our bedroom. We also got a coffee table with round corners instead of sharp metal ones. And duh duh du duh, paint for the kitchen! Do you know how hard it is to match to forest green counter tiles and ugly wood cabinetry? In the end we went with Washingtonian blue which believe it or not works with the green (I mean I liked forest green as much as the next person in 1992 but for kitchen counters?) I think we'll end up painting the cabinets off white. So yay progress! Too bad it's still 100 degrees here every damn day. We (and when I say we I mean Kent) can't paint until we can open some windows to ventilate and we can't open some windows until it's cool enough that I'm not in danger of getting into the refrigerator and closing myself inside of it.

This morning I got up early to go into work for a staff meeting at 9:30. When no one else was there at 9:45 I opened the calendar to find that the meeting is tomorrow at 9:30. This wouldn't be so bad if last week I hadn't driven the hour to work for a meeting at 8:30 leaving at 9 when no one was there and there was no meeting on the calendar. That day when I got home they were looking for me because the meeting was, in fact, scheduled for that morning at 9:30.

Things that I miss about not being pregnant:
Sleeping on my stomach
Drinking a beer/wine
Being able to say "whatever's fastest" when a hostess asks smoking or non
Riding a bike
Any food I might have read that I should avoid like soft cheeses
Sleeping well at night
Being able to paint the kitchen if I want to
All caffeine all the time
No one asking me "are you sure you can do that?"
Not overheating when the air is set on 75
Not peeing 5 times an hour
Taking a bath
Breathing easily at all times
Getting comfortable easily
My smaller bra size

7 Comments:

  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger lonna said…

    I still miss sleeping on my stomach. When you are nursing sleeping on your stomach can either lead to mastitis or reduced supply. I would have to say, though, that having been through it, I don't think that the risks are all that great. I also think that they're worse at the beginning. My chest is just so large since I'm still nursing that I can't get comfortable on my stomach. I also hated peeing all of the time and constantly being hot. I can't even imagine what it must be like being pregnant in Texas in the summer. The cool thing is that once your shrimp is here, you'll either forget about the inconveniences of pregnancy or you'll know how worth it he was that you won't mind.

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I sooo miss fountain Dr. Pepper. I allow myself 1 every week or so. Riding my bike this weekend was interesting as my thighs repeatedly hit my stomach. Need some adjustments to the bike. And I just refuse to believe the hype regarding soft cheeses. Do you really think people in Europe give up their cheese? Personally I can't. It is not possible. And by the way I am finally enjoying having some cleavage!!!

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger hazel said…

    soft cheeses are okay if they're pasteurized..but I digress. it just sucks having to be careful of what you eat, period.

    pregnancy is just so full of mixed emotions. but like they always say, enjoy it while it lasts and blah blah blah.

    your new picture is excellent!!

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Missuz J said…

    I also love the new picture.

    Things I miss about being pregnant:

    Not worrying that none of my clothes fit
    Feeling her bop around inside of me
    Having something wonderful to look forward to
    Strangers being nice to me
    Not feeling guilty for doing nothing all day

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger Kodi said…

    I loved your list. I sleep on my side, and remember that strange new feeling when I was pregnant of having my once flat tummy now bulging and rubbing on the mattress as I slept. Sounds somewhat erotic, but it wasn't. Anyway, I think you look fabulous in the new picture. That color of shirt suits you very well indeed.

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger NME said…

    Love the new picture and the sparkly planet mobile.

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger mrs. awesome said…

    ooo...ikea is the most fun. just not on the weekend! it's like wally world on sat/sun--avoid avoid avoid! if you can go on a weekday in the afternoon, i find that to be much more pleasant.

    it's fine to paint as long as you ventilate, and it's latex, not oil paint. unless you just don't want to, which i totally understand.

    what i wouldn't do for an adult beverage right now! but i still have to wait about 10 weeks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counters
spread the love